|print this page |
|Free-form pages are areas of your website that are open for you to use however you see fit. Keep in mind, if you are subject to a compliance officer, you will still have to have your custom page approved by compliance. |
|What can I do with my custom pages? |
|Your custom pages can be used for pretty much whatever you want, or you don't even have to use them at all. Some of the things that other people have done include:|
So you can use it for linking to other sites with pertinent information, or for posting your own information, or basically whatever you would like.
- An agent access page where links are set up for agents to access information important to them.
- A page displaying client testimonials or a client appreciation page.
- A page explaining the different types of annuities and other fixed income products.
- A page with photos from an event or outing.
When you add content to the menu field, the page will automatically appear in your site's navigation. If you leave it blank, it does not appear. You can title the pages so that they appear in your site with whatever link name you prefer. Shorter titles and no capitalization give your site a "cleaner look."
|How do I edit my custom pages? |
- You will notice a toolbar at the top of the main text input window, which looks like a word processor toolbar. You can use this editing toolbar to format the text you add, as well as to add colors, tables, links, and images. If you are cutting and pasting text, please cut and paste from Microsoft's Notepad accessory (start -> programs -> accessories -> notepad). Do not use MS Word! Cutting and pasting from Word creates formatting problems. If you do not see the toolbar when you access a page, please hit the refresh button on your browser and try again.
- Once you have made your edits on a page, hit the save changes button within the editing screen.
|Where do the links appear. |
|The first six free form pages appear in the "About Us" section of your site. Free form pages 7 and 8 appear in the "Other Resources" section. ||