|print this page |
|By signing up for a Financial Visions website, you are taking the first step in creating a whole new way for your customers and prospects to do business with you. |
|What Happens Next? |
- We are setting up a temporary site for you which you can use to begin building your site. You will be contacted by our customer service department in the next 24-48 hours with information about how to access the site building tools over the internet, as well as to confirm the availability of the domain name you selected (www.yoursitename.com). The temporary site will usually be available at http: //www.focusonplanning.com/<yoursitename.aspx>.
- If you have elected to use a domain that you already own, we will also need to collect some additional information from you in order to have it reconfigured to point to your Financial Visions Site. For most registrars, we have found that this takes only 24 hours.
|Is It Easy To Set Up My Site? |
|Our service is designed to make it easy for professionals without extensive web experience to select and add content, design pages and customize their site's look and feel. As mentioned, our customer service department will be contacting you with information on how to access your site. To get to your "Website Manager" and site building tools, you simply click on the main picture on your welcome page, and enter the username and password you gave us when you signed up. A picture of this screen is shown at right.
- When you log on to the site building tool, you will notice that the left hand portion of the screen has links to the various pages of your site. By clicking on a link, you can begin editing the various pages. Each page has detailed instructions on how to add content to that page.
- There is a button in the upper right area called "HELP" which has detailed information on how to use the site builder.
- After you have made changes to a page (adding text, selecting a new style, adding links, etc.), click on the "save changes" button to save them.
- When you initially edit your temporary site, you will see only two buttons in the upper right area. On top of the help button, there is also a button called "View Live Site". After you have saved changes, you can click on this button to see how the edits are displayed. To get back into your Website Manager, simply click on the home page photo again.
- If you do not have a compliance review requirement, this is all you will ever need to do to make changes and publish your site.
- If you DO have compliance review, you will want to review the information in the following section. We provide a compliance tool to most compliance departments, that expedites both your request for compliance approval, and their review.
| How Do I Submit My Finished Temporary Site To Compliance For Approval? |
|When you first set up your site, it won't yet be accessible to your B/D compliance manager. Once you have completed and saved all the initial changes to your website, you need to send the link to your compliance officer so they can review and approve the site, and add it to their database. To do so, you must contact your compliance officer (phone or email them), give them the address to your temp site (the address that starts with http://www.focusonplanning.com/, and let them know that your site was built through Financial Visions. They can then review the temporary site and approve it to go live. Once they do, they usually send you an e-mail letting you know it was approved, and they send us a copy of that e-mail so that we can make the site live on our end. Please also let us know directly when it is approved. |
|Once your initial site has been approved by compliance, you are now in their database, and your website is ready to go live. If for some reason there is something else that needs to be done on your end (such as a domain name issue), we will let you know at that time.
Now that your site is live, changes you make will automatically show up in the compliance manager's database, and they can approve changes on-the-fly. A second set of buttons will appear In your Site Manager tool, "Preview Unapproved Changes" and "Request Compliance Review" . As you re-edit your site in the future, you will need to use the "Preview Unapproved Changes" button to preview how your site will look. The "View Live Site" will show you your current live site. Once you are ready to resubmit your site to compliance, and are finished editing it, you can use the "Request Compliance Review" button to send the changes in for review.
|What if my Broker Dealer Doesn't Use Your Compliance Tool? |
|If your Broker Dealer does not use our tool, you will need to notify them each time you make changes to your site. |
|What About Email? |
|If you signed up for email, our customer service department will discuss mailbox set up, and give you information on accessing your mail through email software (Outlook, Outlook Express, etc.) or over the web when they contact you. If you would like to add email boxes, they are available for $2.00 per email box per month. |
|How Do I Get Visitors To My Web Site? |
|We have several articles in our marketing library on traffic building at Tutorials . With literally hundreds of thousands of advisors on the web, simply waiting for the search engines to deliver you new prospects is unrealistic. We recommend that you review some of our materials and ensure that you are promoting your site appropriately. |
|Contact Information / Useful Links |
|Customer On-Line Help:
|Email us at:
|Practice Building Ideas